There’s tons of great DIY travel accessory round-ups out there on the internet, many of my favorite are created by Buzzfeed. But I haven’t found a good list specifically for luggage so I wanted to share with you all my favorites tutorials that I’ve used to make my own versions or intend to make in the future.
DIY Travel Luggage Accessory Round-Up
Make your luggage stand out from other when you’re waiting at baggage claim with
- A paracord wrapped handle tutorial: the extra cushion from the cord adds some extra comfort too!
- A ribbon wrapped handle tutorial: or try wrapping it with fabric.
If you’re like me, you’ll want to protect your precious suitcase from dings, stains and rain with:
- A luggage wrap/cover tutorial: it’s a bit more inspiration than tutorial, but it can’t be that hard to make based off of the image.
- Or buy a reusable cover to wrap it yourself instead of paying to do so at the airport
Can’t fit everything into your luggage? DIY some attachments so you can pack more!
- DIY a buckle device to hold onto that bulky jacket or heavy tote. There’s a version you can buy on Amazon if you’d rather not DIY it.
- Add a luggage strap to a tote or bag to secure it better to your rolling case.